Paneer pizza with veggies is very common in India. As the name suggests, it’s our own desi Paneer Tikka Pizza. Indian twist to an Italian Pizza. This Paneer Tikka Pizza is a must try for Pizza and Paneer lovers. There are very high chances you will fall in love with this tikka flavored pizza. ❤
I and Pizza, Pizza and I. A never-ending love story. ❤
Paneer cubes marinated with curd, spices, lemon juice and the grilled in the oven or tandoor, is called Paneer Tikka. And, when Pizza is covered with tikka masala and topped with these paneer tikkas is know as Paneer Tikka Pizza. As simple as that. 😀
We Indians just love anything with paneer, be it a starter, main curse, snack, or even dessert. You can substitute meat with paneer in any type of the dish, it is that versatile. 😀 As we don’t get desi pizza here in the USA or at least where I live, I never miss a chance to try baking them on my own.
Just when the husband thought I am over the pizza baking fever, BANG ON! I surprised him with my another favorite desi homemade pizza. Husband shocked, I rocked! 😛 Though he loved the pizza as much as I did. And trust me, you too will love it. Just give it a try without thinking much.
Please do not be discouraged with the long list of the ingredients, they are very easily available in your kitchen pantry. All you need to do is a pre-planning and you are all set to bake this delicious pizza. Must try this recipe and let me know how you like it, would love to see the picture too. ❤ Happy Baking.
- Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast, I really recommend using this Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast to avoid the extra time required for rising of the dough. Using this pizza crust yeast will cut down all those extra long hours. You can bake your pizza instantly after kneading it. Sounds great, no? If you do not this pizza crust yeast at your nearby store then try ordering it from the Amazon. Click here to order-Fleischmann’s Pizza Crust Yeast
- Paneer Marination, always and always prick the paneer cubes before marinating. This helps paneer to absorb flavor really well and it will be delicious in every bite. Let the paneer marinate overnight but just in case, you forgot then marinate at least for 2-3hrs in the refrigerator
- Pre-baking pizza base, this step helps you give a nice crusty pizza base and it will not be soggy and soft in the center. You can skip the step if you want, it is not necessary but I really recommend doing it if you want a crusty base
- Baking Paneer Tikka, If you are not pre-baking your pizza base then skip this step too. Paneer tikka will be baked perfectly while baking the pizza
- All-purpose flour or whole wheat flour? I always try to reduce the amount of guilt comes after eating a pizza, hence I bake my pizza using whole wheat flour. Though this pizza is made half of both the flours. You can use the whole of all-purpose flour or wheat flour, whatever suits your tastebuds
- Baking Time, baking time and temperature may vary a bit depending on the thickness of pizza and the oven too. Keep an eye while baking to avoid hurting your pizza 😀
Serves 1 Large Pizza
For Pizza Base
- ½ Cup whole wheat flour
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Tsp sugar
- ½ Tsp garlic salt
- 1 Packet pizza crust yeast
- ½ Cup lukewarm water
- 2 Tbsp oil
For Paneer Tikka
- ¼ Cup thick curd
- 12-14 Paneer cubes, pricked
- 1 Tbsp tandoori masala
- ½ Tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Required salt
For Pizza Topping
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Capsicum, cut into cube/julians/ rings
- Onion, cut into cube/julians/ rings
- Pizza Seasoning
- Chili flakes (optional)
Learn Step By Step Recipe With Pictures For Paneer Tikka Pizza | Homemade Paneer Tikka Pizza
Paneer Tikka Marination
Step 1- Marinate paneer with all the ingredients mentioned under Paneer Tikka. Refrigerate for 2-3hrs
Step 2- In a bowl take warm water, oil, and pizza crust yeast, dissolve or a minute. In another large mixing bowl, take flours, sugar, and salt, whisk everything.
Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and knead to a sticky dough for 3-4mins
Step 3- Grease a bowl and keep the dough. Cling wrap the dough, keep aside for 20-30mins. The dough will be double in the size
Step 4- Preheat oven to 475ºF. Meanwhile, arrange marinated paneer on a skewer. Line a baking tray and place the skewer on the baking pan. Grease a pizza pan with butter/oil and dust with some flour, place the pizza base. Pre-baking of the pizza base will give you crusty pizza bites. If you want, you can skip this step.
Place both the pans in the heated oven and bake for 5-6mins. Keep an eye on the paneer, it should not get burnt.
Step 5- Once the base has cooled down, spread pizza sauce and the leftover tikka masala. Spread grated mozzarella cheese. Spread your favorite toppings and baked paneer tikkas. Bake for 12-13mins @ 475ºF until the base is golden brown and cheese is bubbly
Remove the pizza pan from the oven, divide into slices and enjoy the fresh homemade pizza