An Indian Omelette is another version of omelette which is influenced by taste on Indian herbs and spices. Even in India, from state to state, you will find different spices are used in their omelette to give it a local touch. Bread-Omelette is one of such popular food in India which you will on Indian street to train stations to restaurants. I must tell you, street side bread-omelette is much delicious than those you will eat at a restaurant.
Omelette makes a perfect protein-packed breakfast and all you need a toasted bread on the side and if you are a tea/coffee person then, of course, a cup of tea/coffee will make it a perfect breakfast. <3 Indian omelette is one of the quickest, filling, and delicious breakfast. And do you know what is the best part about cooking this omelette? You can add in all the ingredients together, cook, and serve.
I have tried so many version of omelette and no doubt they taste good too. I am not bragging here, nothing beats the taste of an Indian Omelette, N-O-T-H-I-N-G! and, I mean it. 😀 You have to taste it to understand it. Want to try some other omelette recipes? Here you go- Fajita Omelette, Avocado-Cheese-Tomato Omelette, Egg Paratha
There should always be a tray of eggs in your refrigerator, as they from breakfast to lunch to dinner they can be served in so many ways. For breakfast, you can make an omelette, poached egg, scrambled egg. For lunch, you can make egg curry, egg drop soup with noodles. For dinner, served egg bhurji (scrambled egg) with lots of veggie and bread roll. Isn’t this great? Of course, YES!
- To make omelette fluffy, add 2tbsp of milk to 4eggs while beating the eggs. while cooking the omelette, cover the pan and cook on a medium-low flame for first 2-3mins and see the result. It will puff up
- Veggies, Add capsicum, finely chopped carrot, and spring onions if you want or keep it simple with onion-green chilies-tomato.
- Spices, To make masala omelette add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and garam masala while mixing the ingredients with egg.
- Serving, Though I don’t need anything else with my veggie loaded omelette, but you can serve it with a toast, bun, or any India flatbread/ tortilla.
Try this recipe for any weekday breakfast or weekend brunch. Have a happy weekend! 🙂
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 Green chilies, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ Tsp black pepper powder
- Salt as required
- 1 Tbsp oil
Learn Step By Step Recipe With Pictures For Indian Omelette | Perfect Omelette Recipe
Step 1- Break 4eggs in a bowl, add 2tbsp milk and beat them for a minute using a whisk or fork. Add chopped onion, green chilies, coriander leaves, black pepper powder, and required salt. Mix well
Step 3- Heat oil in a pan, spread the egg mixture over the entire pan. Keep the flame to medium-low and cover the pan for 2mins. It will help the omelette to puff up. Open the lid and cook flipping twice or as required until it is light golden brown from both the sides. Turn off the flame and serve with toast