This is one of the easiest and yummiest breakfast or snack recipe you can think of as it takes hardly any time in preparation and makes a healthy and delicious breakfast. If you are looking for something healthy, yummy, and easy to prepare for breakfast with tea, then this recipe is for you.
This is my mother-in-law’s recipe and she makes the best sooji ka cheela just the way I love it. ❤
There are several ways you can prepare this sooji ka cheela. Here are some tips-
- Veggies- To make it healthier, finely chop the veggies you want to include in your cheela and add them to the batter while mixing.
- Curd- You can even add 2-3tbsp of curd while preparing this as it enhances the taste of the cheela.
- Serving suggestions- Serve this delcious sooji ka cheela with Tomato-chilli chutney, mint-coriander chuntey, coconut chutney, or even with tomato ketchup.
If you give this recipe a try then please tag me on facebook @jyokitchen or on Instagram @foodfrenzyjyokitchen or share your valuable feedback in the comments section. I would love to hear back from you. 🙂
- 4 Cups sooji/ rava
- 5-6 Cups water or as required
- 1 Cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4-5 Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- Salt as required
- Oil for cooking, as required
Learn Step By Step Recipe With Pictures For Sooji Cheela | Rava Cheela Recipe
Step 1- In a large mixing bowl, take sooji, water and required salt. Mix well without forming any lumps. Let it rest for 20-30mins so that the sooji absorbs water
Step 2- Add all the chopped veggies and cumin seeds to the batter and mix well. Adjust water if required to make the batter of thick yet flowing cosistency
Step 3- Heat a pan or griddle and spread some oil on it. Pour a laddle full of prepared batter on the griddle and spread evenly. Keep the flame to medium-low
Let the cheela cook from one side on medium-low flame till golden brown and sprinkle some oil on the top. Gently flip the cheela and cook from another side too till golden brown and crisp
Step 4- Transfer to a plate and serve warm with chutney or ketchup. Enjoy the delicious breakfast or snack